THE COMPETITION HAS NOW CLOSED
RESULTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON SATURDAY
28TH NOVEMBER 2020
- The Funny Pearls 2020 Short Story Competition is open to women of all nationalities from any country. It is free to enter the competition.
- Entries must be submitted in English.
- The genre is comedy.
- Each author may submit only one story.
- The story should be the work solely of the entrant and must not be the translated work of another author.
- The author must own copyright to the entry.
- Authors retain the copyright to their work, but funnypearls.com has the unrestricted right to post the winning entries on their website.
- Funnypearls.com may contact authors of all entries regarding publication of entered works in future materials published by Funny Pearls.
- Funnypearls.com will enter into no correspondence or other discussion regarding the choice of winners.
- The prizes will be paid in Amazon gift cards and are not changeable or transferable.
- The prizes will be delivered electronically.
- The length of each entry should be between 1000-2500 words, including the title.
- Previously published work (whether online or in print) or work that is under consideration by other competitions or publications, whether in the UK or elsewhere, is not eligible.
- Entries should be attached to an email to email@example.com as a Word document. In the subject line, please write the word COMPETITION, your name and the title of your story, in that order.
- Please use a standard, 12 pt font, double space the document and number your pages.
- Please refrain from using indents or tabs, and please use only a single space after every full stop.
- The competition opens on Tuesday 1st September 2020. Entries received prior to this date will be disqualified.
- The deadline for submission is Friday 30th October 2020, midnight UK time. Entries received after this date will be disqualified.
- Funnypearls.com will acknowledge receipt of entries within one week.
- Funnypearls.com will contact winners directly, via email, before announcing the results.
- Winners will be announced on Saturday 28th November 2020.
funnypearls.com 15thJuly 2020